Pages

Friday 9 August 2013

My Estimate-a-lous Maths

WALT create our own estimations, measure them, then compare them. I know I have created my own estimations when I have estimated the number of non-standard things that can fit inside the shape. Here are some pictures of my estimations.

In this photo, I estimated that 8 shoes could fit in the newspaper, and I was correct. My classmates also estimated that 8 could fit.


In this photo, I estimated that 10 counters could fit in the shape, and I was wrong. Only 6 counters could fit in the shape. Kolio also had the same estimation as me and he was wrong too. He got 11 counters that can fit in his shape.

In this photo, I estimated that 20 books can fit in the mat, and I was wrong again. Over 100 books can fit the mat. My classmates estimated 40, 100, and 500.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.